Probably the most famous dessert of the USA is the “Brownie”. There are tons of recipes out there and to be honest, it is hard to figure out, which of these is now the original triple chocolate brownie recipe. Many of them are really delicious and we think it is strongly depending on your taste, if you like your brownie with nuts or with cream on it. But what makes a brownie a real American brownie, is the soft and juicy texture and the delicious taste of dark chocolate. So what we want to share with you is our version of the Trible Chocolate Brownie recipe, we are thinking of, when we dream of sitting in a coffee house on a small street somewhere in the US.
The first brownie recipe goes back to 1893. The modern version of the Brownie recipe we all know was established 1906 in Boston.
Triple Chocolate Brownie recipe
» Serves: 20
» Time: 40 mins
90 g Plain flour
30 g Cocoa powder
200 g Dark chocolate
50 g milke chocolate
70g white chocolate
260 g Brown sugar
185 g Butter
70 g Macadamia nuts
1 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut the butter and the dark chocolate into cubes and put them into a bowl
- Take a post, fill in some hot water and put it over a low heat. Then put the bowl on it. The bowl should not touch the water. Wait until the butter and the chocolate are melted. Stir time by time. Then take away the bowl from the post and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile chop the white and the milk chocolate into small pieces.
- Insert the brown sugar into a ball and break in the eggs. Whisk the mixture with an electric mixture until it is thick and creamy. (4 to 10 minutes, depending on your mixer). Pour in the melted chocolate-butter mixture and mix gently with rubber spatula. Be careful, to keep the air in the cream.
- Take a sieve and put it over your bowl. Now powder in the four and the cocoa powder and mix it gently again with your spatula.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks gently
- Take a shallow and prepare the bottom with baking parchment.
- Fill in the dough and put it into the oven for about 25 minutes. The brownies are ready, when by shaking the tin, the dough is not wobbling any more.
- Let the tin cool down before you cut the brownies into pieces.
- Be careful to mix the egg sugar cream to long. If the cream that runs off from the mixer leave some ribbons for a few seconds on the surface, it is perfect.
- If you don’l like macadamia nut, leave them out or replace it for some other sorts of nuts, like pecans.
- Serve the brownies warm with delicious vanilla ice cream, or cold with fresh strawberries or raspberries.