Perfect for cold winter evenings. A cozy couch, a warm blanket, a good movie and a homemade hot chocolate.
In Jamaica and Mexico, drinking chocolate is traditionally made from whole, roasted cocoa beans and is not comparable to taste in European countries.
How the chocolate seduction works best and how it gives you a fantastic chocolate taste you can find out here.
Homemade hot chocolate
»Servings: 1 serving
»Duration: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (from Valrhona)
- 20 g dark chocolate
- 230 ml of milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Mix the cocoa powder and sugar with 4-5 tablespoons of the cold milk in a cup until you have a creamy consistency.
- Heat the remaining milk in a pot.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir until completely melted.
- Now add the cocoa-milk mixture and bring the milk to a boil.
- Take the pot from the stove and refine the boiled milk with some cinnamon and nutmeg. Ready to enjoy!
- Serve the hot chocolate with marshmallows. It sweetens the chocolate a little and makes it creamier.
- Valrhona is best used with chocolate. The taste is incredible.
- Also whipped cream as Toppping is delicious, albeit a bit calorie 😉