Probably the most simplest salad on the planet, consisting of just two main ingredients: Tomatoes and mozzarella. As Italians invented this delicious combination of simple flavours, not only they created a quick tasty appetiser, but they also managed to incorporate the national colours present on the Italian flag (red, green and white). Enjoy this salad with us.
Caprede Salad Recipe
» Serves: 4
» Time: 10 min
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 250 g mozzarella
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Balsamico cream
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Cut the tomatoes and the mozzarella into 0.5 cm slices.
- Place them alternating and slightly overlaying on a plate.
- Pour olive oil in small drops over the whole prepared salad.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the first third of the plate. Leave the middle section plane and drizzle the last third with the balsamico cream.
- Salt and pepper the whole salad and sprinkle it with fresh basil leaves.
- Mozzarella is the most important ingredient of this dish. Try buffalo mozzarella to bring it to the next level.
- If you don’t have fresh basil at home, you can also use dried one or experiment with dried oregano.
- Instead of basil try out fresh basil pesto to enhance this appetiser with a special twist. (Be careful then with the amount of olive oil).