What was the first – the chicken or the egg? When it comes to daily breakfast planning, more practical than philosophical question arises: what could I eat to enjoy the start to the day? Serving bread with ham and cheese, or going for the sweet version with jam and honey is a safe choice. But isn’t it a bit boring? There is also another, healthier, fresher and more creative possibility to eat bread.
Enjoy the avocado and fried egg on a bread when entering your day. It will power you with energy and you will feel great through the whole morning.
Bread with avocado and fried egg
» Servings: 2
» Duration: 15 min
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- lime or lemon juice
- onion (optional)
- olive oil or butter
- In the pan on a medium heat, fry the eggs on a few drops of olive oil or a little bit of butter.
- Take out the pulp of the avocado and mash it in a small bowl with a fork to achieve the desired consistency. Add a bit of salt, pepper and few drops of lemon or lime juice. If you like, you can add a bit of onion cut in small cubes – it will make the avocado topping more crunchy and fresh.
- Prepare the bread slices by toasting them in the toaster or in the pan shortly.
- Put the prepared avocado cream on the toasted bread and lay the egg on top.
- Sprinkle with a bit of freshly grounded salt and pepper and enjoy while the egg is still warm!
- The best way to cut out the pulp from the avocado fruit is to cut horizontal and vertical stripes with a knife until the bottom and then spoon it out at once.
- Try different types of breads to vary this delicious breakfast. From toast to whole grain bread – you can use different types and sizes and see what you like the best.
- Few drops of fresh lime or lemon juice are not mandatory, but help the avocado paste keep the color and add a bit of a fresh twist to it!